"Lets go shopping right now. I need it! I need the people water slide. Come on, Mommy. Please get me it! Please!" Cry hysterically then repeat over and over. Toss in a few giant FAKE wails and repeat again!
That is what I get for allowing Emma to page through the Target flier we got in the mail today. Ugh. Lesson learned. Needless to say it is buried in the trash and I will be praying she has forgotten about it by morning.
This morning Emma and I had a girls morning out, hitting up BJs and Guintas - the produce market. It was pouring rain and on the drive Em gave me this awesome diatribe on "how we have to hang out and wait for the sun to come out because when the sun comes out after the rain a rainbow happens and the leprechaun hides his gold at the end of the rainbow." Who says kids don't pay attention in preschool?
As we were leaving BJs we drove by HSBC bank. Their logo looks kind of like a "bow" (to a 3 year old) and Em said, "Hey, Mom. Is that the bow store where we can buy bows just like Minnie's store Minnie's Bowtique?" (Thank you Mickey Mouse Clubhouse...)
After lunch, we hit up the library to exchange books / dvds. As we were walking through the adult section I was talking to Emma in full voice and she totally shooshed me! "Mama, you gotta be quiet in the library." Sorry, kiddo. Oops.
This afternoon we made our yummy easy COOL bake oven pudding treat and afterward I noticed she had spilled pudding on her DRESS (yes, of course, she was wearing a pretty dress). "Em, you spilled pudding on your dress." She replied all nonchalant, "That's okay, Mom, you can just wash it tomorrow." Yes, master.
The final Em-ism of the evening came at 8:15pm. I was at her preschool at a membership meeting and I got this text: "Em just walked out of her room and announced that we forgot to brush her teeth." She had been in bed for over 45 minutes and was struggling to find a legitimate way to get back up out of bed without getting in trouble. She did. She won. Love us that girl...
What about Ben, you ask? Ben was a giant bag of awesome goodness today. He and Daddy went wild wrestling and reading books and building giant train tracks all morning. He did not take a nap today again - 90 minutes of hollering from his crib - ugh! but I am not giving up just yet!! He is madly in love with this book called "Snuggle Puppy" by Sandra Boynton. If you have a kid you MUST own this book. (I just bought it used off Amazon for 1¢!) He requires we read it to him 15 times a day and giggles like a madman every time. I will read it 115x a day if he promises to power all of Monstropolis daily.
No comments:
Post a Comment