Wednesday, March 23, 2011

I love Google Translate!

Ben has discovered another toy I am not so fond of, mostly because there are a ton of small parts that I find scattered in every nook and cranny throughout the Germhouse. (Yes, now Ben has a cold, j'espère que le froid de la saison dernière.) I end up stepping on them in the middle of the night and am always hoping I won't need a trip to the pediatrist to have one surgically removed. The toy, by the way, is Mrs Potatohead - and he has a blast plucking and redesigning her face. Our favorite Emma quote over the weekend regarding the toy, "DADDY, CAN YOU PUT MRS. POTATOHEAD'S BUTT BACK ON?" she shouted from the bedroom...


My prayers were heard last night and we all slept through the night, me getting 7 hours and the kids just over 11 hours straight through. Hallelujah.


As it is "snaining" and cold today, I decided to take the kids to the mall to exchange Emma's gift from the Disney store from Abuelita for a bigger size. Emma has decided she now "likes Belle best" and LOVES her new Belle dress. She is wearing it as I type watching PBS. A PSA for teaching your children to read came on and she said, "Belle likes reading, Mommy, and I am Belle, so I like reading, too." Whatever it takes! Ben did a great job in the stroller while we made the exchange, but as soon as we were out of the store he went crazy. I wanted to give him a chance to run and burn off some energy as the mall was empty, but he kept running this way and that way, in and out of stores, causing 'confusion and delay'. Within 10 minutes I was SWEATING and swooped him up and back into the stroller, strapped him in and gave him his juice to quell his anger about being confined again. (Reminder, I wanted to give him the chance to exercise, not ME... ha!)


I need to go and take in the straps of the Belle dress. The salesgal gave me the idea to buy 2 sizes up so the dress will last a long time. She showed me how to tailor the straps so the dress wouldn't be too long. Imagine that, a sales person who wants you not to come back every 6 months to buy a new dress. Thanks, lady!!

No comments:

Post a Comment