After so many days of warm sunny weather I was slightly cranky to awake to 2 inches of snow yesterday covering our deck, trees, yard and cars. I got over it pretty quick when Emma noticed the snow and yelled ever so excitedly, "It's Christmas again, Mommy!!"
I further got over it after walking the doggies and sucking in the tranquility a blanket of fresh fallen snow brings the Earth.
I finally further got over it when it had all melted away by noon and we played outside in the sunshine all afternoon. Hooray!
Yesterday morning was my 2 1/2 hours of free time as Benny was kid-swapped to my pal while Em was in preschool. I chose to whirlwind errand it, starting at Dunkin Donuts to purchase a gift card for the basket I am making for the silent auction at the preschool. I then hit up the paint store to get a quart of paint for living room wall touch ups as we have decided to stay in the penthouse for one more year sacking away the $$ for our Dream house. Target was next on the list, then BJs. By that point I was only 90 minutes in and still had another hour to burn, but I felt as though I had spent enough money for the day, called my pal and told her I was coming over to play date, too. It always amazes me that when I get "me" time I always want to rush home to my kids before my actual "me" time is up...
Last night around 4am Ben started to fuss. As I didn't want him to wake up a sleeping Emma, I was going to go into their room and attempt to shush him back to sleep like Daddy can, but I was afraid that he would wake up fully and want to party like he usually does when he sees me. So I stood outside their door for a few minutes listening to him crying out and just as I was going to open the door he settled down and fell back to sleep until 7:30 this morning. Lesson of this story: let him cry it out a bit longer than I usually do in the middle of the night before waking Daddy to go shush him. Daddy will finally be home from New Orleans late tonight and Gramma Lou is coming in 4 hours so I will go from solo to triple coverage soon enough. Woot!
Spring in snowy places is so tricky. The weather always fools you thinking the snow is gone and then it shows up again!
ReplyDeleteI am so like you with the me time thing. It's amazing what you can get done without kids in tow.