Thursday, March 10, 2011

Moonshine

Why can't my children's colons process sweet potatoes yet? Every time I sneak a homemade puree into meatballs or a sauce or meat loaf, both kids have puree pooh the next day... Sweet potatoes are a superfood! Did they not get the memo?

Occasionally after Emma has used the toilet I have to ask her is she wiped good. Yesterday was one of those days and she replied with all sincerity, "Yes, Mama, I did, see?" and she pulled her pants down and mooned me.

I had a lovely morning with 90 whole minutes of ME time! How did I achieve this little miracle? Well, the mommy of Emma's preschool buddy, Georgie, has a little guy a few months younger than Ben. Last week I watched Christian while she was helping out in the school and today she watched Ben so I could have some ME time. It was AWESOME! She enjoyed it, too, and we have decided to make this an every Thursday occurrence, alternating weekly. Hey, it only took us 3/4s of the school year to figure it out! It is great for both the little guys to experience a playdate without Mommy present or older siblings there to hog the toys - oh, and also to learn to share. Fingers crossed we can keep this up!

This morning I was searching for the remote control to the dvd player and after too much time wasted I found it on the back of the couch hidden away by the cushions. The only guilty party to do such a thing is Daddy and I said, "Naughty Daddy! He didn't put the remote control away." Emma took great offense to me calling Daddy naughty and said with vigor, "No, Mommy, Daddy's REALLY NICE."

Family portraits tomorrow... wish us luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment