Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Emma-isms

Whirlwind 36 hour trip to LA again (that included 11 hours in the air - one of which I thought we would be dropping out of the air due to hurricane force winds and heavy rains, oh my!) this weekend. Daddy was in single parent mode and got a bunch of awesome Emma-isms:

1) (I have no idea how they got on the subject but:) Daddy: Mommy and me made you. Emma: Did you make me in arts and crafts?

2) (Trying to wake Benny up from a nap:) Daddy: Emma can you please open Benny's door so he will start to wake up? Emma without hesitation: Nope, I'm too busy eating popcorn.

3) (playing hide and seek, Emma wouldn't stay hidden:) Daddy: Why do you keep coming out of your hiding space? Emma: Because I love you!

Apparently it was a rough couple of nights around here. Emma is in full blown "nightmares every hour" mode. She wakes up screaming about everything from sharks to monsters to whathaveyou. It is exhausting and makes for one tired Daddy. But he has 3 nights to himself in a hotel in New Orleans where he is opening yet another office this week - so get some sleep Daddy! I, on the other hand, am in single parent mode and looking forward to Gramma Lou's arrival on Friday! Woot!

I am running another 5k in 16 days. I haven't trained since I ran the last one 2 weeks ago due to travel and rain and laziness. So this morning I loaded both kids into the stroller and jogged them to pre-school, dropped off Emma and fast walked home (hard to jog and push a stroller uphill - although probably good training... If only the Rocky music were playing in my head to inspire me to get a move on!). Weather permitting, I NEED to do that more!

No comments:

Post a Comment