Last night Emma was giving me some bedtime trouble, "But I'm not sleepy! I don't wanna go to bed! There are monsters in my room. My room is scarrrrrrry." I finally said this, "Em, what day is tomorrow?" She sang the days of the week song out loud and replied, "Thursday." "That's right, it's Thursday and on Thursday you get to go to school. But if you don't go night night, then you can't go to school. And if you don't go to school Mrs. C and Mrs. Muhleman and all of your friends will miss you." She thought about that for a while and finally said, "Okaaaaay," rolled over and I didn't hear another peep from her. Go figure.
While she was at school, Benny and I made the speediest trip ever to the mall and back. I purchased, for the first time since 2001, a new pair of running shoes - yes, you read that right, running shoes. I am getting serious about this 5k thing, people! Of course, being the thrifty gal I am, I purchased New Balance's "last year's model" for half price from Sears ($39.99!)! I was even able to score a Men's size 7 wide which should ease the bunion ache when my jaunts are complete. Hopefully the weather will be nice tomorrow morning (and by nice - higher temp than this morning's 19˚) so I can give them a try. The best part about the whole shopping experience with Benny was the laughter. The kid couldn't get enough of me running up and down the aisles of the shoes department and doing lunges and squats until I found the pair that fit best. He was cackling like crazy - as if I was Mike Wazowski doing stand up in his bedroom - making the other shoppers giggle along with him. And you've all heard Benny's laugh - pure heaven!
I almost forgot to report this awesome bit of news, Ben LIKES to brush his teeth now. Gone are the days of putting him in a head lock and jamming the brush into his mouth for a few quick swipes. He likes it so much that he wants/needs to carry his toothbrush with him everywhere. No more costly trains! A 59¢ toddler toothbrush now rules the toy bin! Woot! Today I found him cleaning my bookshelf with it, Daddy's inversion table, Apollo's ears... It was seen dangerously close to the toilet seat a few times and even went to bed with him tonight. I tried to pry it out of his hands but he CRIED hysterically. Needless to say I must now go out and buy an exact replica so he has one for his actual sanitary teeth cleaning and one for everything else.
No comments:
Post a Comment