A while ago Daddy came with us to the supermarket and was about to grab one of those shopping carts with the cars on the front. I quickly grabbed a normal one, told him those were a bad idea. Daddy, knowing I am always right, popped Benny in the child seat and off we went. Well, today, the kids and I went to the market in the pouring down rain and the only dry cart was one of those car carts. Emma hopped in the front, Benny in the child seat and we shopped away. Guess what? Those car carts are a GREAT idea and I am a giant jackass. Emma had a blast, wasn't bothering me or Benny the entire time, and I actually left the store with not only everything I set out to purchase, but my sanity as well.Earlier today Emma was trying to get my attention but I was in the middle of something and asked her to please wait. She was not satisfied with that and whacked me on the hand with the plastic toy hammer she was holding. I stopped what I was doing and looked at her with rage in my eyes, "Did you just hit me?" Knowing she was in deep doggy doo doo, she replied with perfect timing, "No, Mom, I was just fixing you."
Love a girl who can think on her feet quickly! (oh, and you too Brenda!) ;)
ReplyDelete