Thursday, July 22, 2010

Random thoughts

If you are ever feeling sad, please feel free to borrow Ben. This kid, even in sickness, smiles that goofy David Letterman gappy toothed grin and lifts your spirits. We spent the day in the car (total of 3.5 hours) and at the Bronx Zoo (total 2.5 hours) and this kid - who is snot nosed sick, won't eat, and either has diarrhea or is constipated - didn't cry once, ran around the zoo like a madman (once again, Ben has two speeds, sitting and running), and made at least 50 people comment on what a sweet happy baby he is (okay, not so much a baby now at 18 months, but you get the point).

Tonight after dinner I had to run to the store to grab some diapers. Daddy stayed home and bathed the kiddies. I was only gone for 20 minutes or so, but when Benny heard me open the door, he came tearing down the hall smile from ear to ear, buried his face in my legs like I was his long lost Mama. I was exhausted from the day but was immediately uplifted and energized from our favorite little man.

Ben = energy drink. We love this kid. We want to bottle this kid. We are very lucky parents.

1 comment:

  1. Good luck at the MD's tomorrow - hope they can figure out what is ailing his GI tract!

    ReplyDelete