When I picked up Emma from her playdate today, she was wearing only a diaper and her top. Her sandels were soaking wet and her pants had mud all over them. Apparently her and Porter decided it would be fun to jump in the leftover puddles made when the maintenance people watered the plants around Porter's apartment building. That is what I call a successful play date! FUN!
I was glad to see her having so much fun as she came off a pretty rough night - lots of fussing and general uncomfortableness throughout the night. I had to lay with her about 4 different times to calm her down. Her head is stuffed up again - I don't know if is a cold or she has her wisdom teeth coming in. Okay, fine they aren't her wisdom teeth, but how many teeth do 2 year olds get? Sheesh - she has all her two year molars, what else could it be...
I made chicken parmagreeka for dinner tonight. It is a dinner I stumbled on while trying to use up leftovers a few weeks ago and we fell in love with it. It is basically baked chicken topped with feta cheese and homemade chunky tomato sauce. Emma is not a fan of tomatoes, but tonight she kept asking for baked watermelon and ate a giant serving. Whatever gets her to eat it, right?
Tonight as she was getting out of the shower I had her sitting on my lap to dry her off and she kept pointing to the freckles on my legs and calling them polka dots. And just so you know, "Emma no have polky dots. Mama lotsa polky dots. Polky dots on legs. Polky dots on face. Polky dots on arms."
No comments:
Post a Comment