Sunday, September 20, 2009

Dinner at my place, tonight!

We rarely take the kids out for dinner. Let me rephrase that, we rarely ever go out for dinner - for a few reasons: 1) we are stashing money away left and right and going out to dinner is expensive. 2) I prefer homecooked meals as I can control the fats and oils that go into the dishes. And 3) Emzilla.

Daddy's parents were in town for the weekend which always means a bunch of meals out. We ended up at the Cheesecake Factory last night for dinner - I haven't been there in about 8 years, and let me just say, if you go to a restaurant with an "Emzilla" that is actually a good one to go to as it is always so darn busy and noisy that you really don't hear her yelling at the top of her lungs that she wants to get down and "Go for a walk, MAAAAAAAAMMMMMIIIEEEE!"

She was an absolute beast. She wouldn't eat, she complained about being locked up in the high chair, she spit food, she dumped plates, and she stole Ben Cheerios. Finally at the end she relaxed and ate some shrimp and edamame and a couple bites of broccoli which apparently was superfood because on the VERY long walk back to the car she was crazy wired and wanted to run and dance and play in the water fountain and pick a flower and and and...

She certainly entertained her relatives!

I ordered the Wasabi Seared Ahi Tuna with rice and vegetables thinking I was getting something light. Cheesecake Factory has those little evil side menus that give you the calories and fat and sodium and carb content, I almost sh*t a brick when I saw that the dish had over 1600 calories, 48 carbs, and over 1000 mgs of sodium. That is more than an entire days nutrition in one meal. No wonder I never want to go out for dinner!

Ben continues to be seconds away from crawling. He has got his rock and lean on, just hasn't figured out how to get the hands going at the same time as the legs. Take your time, Ben!

No comments:

Post a Comment