Ben LOVES water. Bathing in it, swimming in it, and dumping the doggy water bowl all over the kitchen floor and playing in it. Within the past 24 hours he has done all three. He is on the move - not crawling, but doing the army elbow drag across the floor. Gone are the days when you could plunk him in the middle of the floor and there he stayed... He has an affinity for the ATT U-verse modem (probably because of the blinky lights), and is even starting to pull himself up on pieces of furniture and larger toys. He does it all with a giant smile on his face - We probably should have named him Lewis Clark instead of Benjamin Clark after those crazy pioneer adventurers.
An exciting new development happened here this afternoon, Emma bit Ben for absolutely no reason. I am talking about a bite that left indentations and a nice giant red circle 7 hours later. Ben screamed when it happened and when I saw the bite mark I was so flabbergasted that I could barely discipline her. I think she sensed my loss of words and was truly remorseful for her actions. She kept saying, "I sorry, Ben. I sorry." and stayed very quiet until I was able to calm him down. As it is the first time this has ever happened I let her off with the apology, but if it happens again - I just may... I don't know what I'll do - is it time to introduce a spanking? Time outs just are not thoroughly effective if I am the one instituting them.
This parenting gig can be difficult sometimes.
No comments:
Post a Comment