Because strong, brave Ben is still deathly afraid of the vacuum cleaner, these days when I vacuum the floors I tend to hold him in my left arm and vacuum with my right. Early this evening before our dinner playdate arrived, I wanted to get the dog hair off the floors, so I busted out the vacuum. About halfway through the house I noticed that Ben wasn't crying, so I back peddled down the hall to sneak a peek at him on the floor to see if he was playing with toys or what and - dum dum dummmmm, he was missing. Gone. Nowhere to be found! I panicked for about 2 seconds when I realized I was holding the little bugger IN MY ARMS the whole time.
Silly thing is, a few days ago I was in the middle of feeding Ben when the same darn thing happened. The house seemed extraordinarily quiet so I leaned forward looking to see what was keeping him so quiet on the floor... Yep, that thing was actually a bottle in his mouth and he wasn't on the floor, he was on my lap.
I'm losing my mind.
Maybe not, Daddy did the same thing last weekend. Ha!
When Daddy is leaving for work we say, "Bye, daddy. Daddy's gonna go help families." I often refer to daddy as a 'superhero' and a 'rockstar'. Yesterday, Emma stuffed her pink purse with goodies, put on her sunglasses (upside down), and walked over to the front door saying, "Bye Mommy, Bye Benny, Emma go help families. Emma a rockstar."
Random thoughts: Emma will not eat American cheese. I hate it, too. Daddy loves it. I bought a giant costco package of it for a bbq, we used about 5 slices and I now have 50 million slices in the fridge. I try to sneak it on her sandwich every once in a while, but she figures it out after one bite and peels it off the sandwich. She LOVES medium cheddar cheese - like me - so I buy the "government" sized brick of it and slice/shred it as needed. Much yummier, and about a 1/3 of the ingredients. Anyone for a bbq? ...how else am I gonna get rid of the American crap?
Gotta run, Ben is playing with a plastic bag. They say that's dangerous...
No comments:
Post a Comment