Thursday, September 3, 2009

Diggin' in the dirt...

Today concludes my shut-in-the-house-because-I-am-studying-for-2-exams phase of my career. I am proud to say I passed with flying colors and will never have to take those tests again. I laughed at myself walking out of the testing center because for the first time in many many years (read: since I got pregnant and had two babies and my brain turned to mush from lack of adult conversation) I felt smart. As a matter of fact, very smart. "Brain" is back...

Anywhoooo, I came home from my test to... dum dum dummmmm, 3 toddlers, 2 babies, and a 4 year old! Ha! Goodbye, Brain!

Nah, it was actually lots of fun. My girlfriend from church and I do a kiddoswap and today I was the recipient of the swap, plus Evie and baby Emry got a last minute call that day care was closed for the day due to the flu, so we opened our doors wide and had playdate palooza for the day. I am tired, but we all survived.

These were my observations for the day:

1) this many kids in the house makes for excellent birth control.

2) if the babies were 'blacklighted' (ala-CSI style) at the end of the day, there is probably very little of their bodies that weren't covered in kisses. Between Evie and Emma loving on them, and - okay - me kissing on their foreheads, if what they say is true that babies brains grow with every bit of love they receive, Ben and Emry are going to graduate Magna Cum Laude.

3) potty training is a lot of work. I was thinking to start in on Emma hard core on Sept 14th, but I just may give it some more time... (still debating this one)

4) a successful day is when all the kids go home covered in dirt from head to toe. This one is actually very easy for me to achieve as Emma is the instigator in the, "Come on guys, come play dirt. DIG! It fun, COME ON!" I have no idea where she gets it from but I vaguely remember making mud pies out the back of Gramma's house near the sugar shanty... Okay, she got it from me!

No comments:

Post a Comment