Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Random stories of the day

Today I caught Emma whispering a phrase over and over. I couldn't quite understand what she was saying but she kept saying it and saying it and saying it. Finally I got up really close to her and heard the words, "Swiper, no swiping." Possibly, my child watches tv at 4 pm every day?

At another point she was exploring her head and I noticed she had her fingers in her ears as she is wont to do when she is playing the what happens when I do this game. She said to me, "Emma got ears?"

Ben is developing a bald spot on the back of his little head as he is on the move as I mentioned earlier. If I put him on the floor, he will do a 90˚turn in about 4 or 5 minutes. I remember Emma having one, too, but hers stood out more because she had so much dark hair compared to Ben!

When Emma and I were coloring today I reached for the purple crayon. Emma said, "No, no touch, Mommy. Emma's!" ...and so it begins!

Then when I was exercising (yes, it's true, I started exercising again...) I had finished a particularly grueling butt exercise and collapsed on the floor. Emma came over and pulled at my pony tail lifting my head off the ground and said, "Mommy okay?"

We decided to take the bassinet portion of the pack n play out and to use it as a play pen from now on. Ben was getting restless fairly quickly in it because when he was laying there he couldn't see the outside world. Now he is a happy camper as a bit of mesh is all that separates him from the rest of us. And he seems a bit safer from the attacks of Emzilla - that is until she finds a way to crawl into it with him... Yikes!

And finally, my idiot move of the day: Ben had received some teether chew toys in his Easter basket and as he is chewing on everything in sight these days, I figured it was time to open them up and sterilize them for his chomping pleasure. I dropped them in a pot of boiling water for what I thought was 2 minutes - my typical sterilizing process. Well, I either left them in there way to long, or my water boils at higher than 212˚F because when I went to remove them they had melted together into a big pile of goo. Maybe I can reshape them and use them as a paperweight?

No comments:

Post a Comment