Friday, May 8, 2009

And the band played on...

Random quickies from the past few days:

Talk a toddler for a walk and see the world in a whole new way. We stopped at every single flower that was growing along the sidewalk - they are all "pink" by the way... "Bird, Mama!" And just in case you didn't know, "Dog, Mama! Awrf awrf awrf!" She is getting better about stopping at the curbside but makes the occasional dash into the street so I can't get casual!

Yesterday when Ben cried, Emma went over to him and patted his head, "I know, sweety, I know." Her first use of sweety...

Ben packs a punch! As he still has limited arm control, his little fists create quite a wallop when you are not expecting them. He whaled me in the chest while nursing yesterday catching me completely off guard. I was surfing the net at the time and he was like, "Yo! Lady, pay attention to me!"

Those of you who know Brian know he has THE deep booming voice made for radio. When Emzilla is acting up, the voice makes an appearance attempting to stun her into better behavior. Actually heard this morning, "Emma! Don't make me use the voice on you!" Problem is, all attempts at discipline are funny to a 22 month old, so although the voice works on the dogs and me, it brings out the uncontrolable giggles in Emz.

An elephant is a "hoppy" by the way...

I made an attempt to sort out the toys in the toybox yesterday. I retired the ones she doesn't play with to the garage, put the ones she plays with limitedly in her bedroom toybin, and left the ones she plays with regularly in the living room. Of course, last night after I put her to bed I was feeding Ben in the living room and I heard what we will now call "band practice" going on in her room in the dark. She had discovered the toy swap and was playing with the toy guitar and drum she hasn't touched in months...in the dark. Might I add that with the shade pulled, her room is VERY DARK! This kid is certainly not afraid of the boogy man - or maybe she is and she was scaring him away with all the racket!

No comments:

Post a Comment