I'll hit the highlights. 1) Ben's back and neck are getting pretty strong. He now enjoys the bouncy rainforest jumperoo chair - although he doesn't bounce, just kind of hangs out and reaches for the animals. The only problem is, when he is enjoying the thing, Emma wants to "help" him out and overwhelms him. So, I've had to place it in the corner and barricade him in. He was in the thing for about 15 minutes this morning before Emma even realized it and started clawing her way through the barricade. See the picture below and "Where's Waldo" or should I say, "Where's Ben-do."
Ben is also digging his new hand-me-down chair big time. He loves sitting upright and watching Emma do her thing. Before lunch today, her "thing" was having a tea party. She decided that Ben needed to play, too. See the pic below to get in on the action. Ben is looking at me like, "Tea party? Really? Can't we go dig in the dirt or something?"
Finally, my girlfriend had a doctors appointment and asked if I could watch her kids so she could go childfree. Knowing how much I enjoy a childfree visit to the doctors I gladly said yes. She dropped them off at lunch and let me tell ya... It was like having two sets of twins at the house. Evie and Emma at one month different in age as are Ben and Emry. It was fun to watch them interact, but challenging to keep the toddlers from trying to "love" the babies too much! I truly don't know how someone with triplets and above does it!
At one point the toddler lovefest got a bit overwhelming so I had to separate the age groups. The babies landed safely gated into the kitchen in chairs staring and cooing at each other, while the toddlers had run of the rest of the house. I tried to get a picture of the silliness, see below!
No comments:
Post a Comment