Sunday, April 26, 2009

Speech fun

It is nap time for all of us, but I haven't blogged in a few days so I wanted to write down a few of Emma's funny phrases before they were lost forever somewhere in the cells of my brain.

Last night Brian and the kids were at our friends house and Emma was READY to go. She kept saying over and over: "Come on, Daddy, gotta go! Car? B-bye, b-bye!"

The other day on Sesame Street, Elmo had a segment on dinosaurs. Emma fell in love with the word. Now, everything is a dinosaur. The animal crackers she has been eating forever? No longer hippos, and cows and elephants - but dinosaurs. The giraffe on her wall? A dinosaur. Because she now understands 'pretend' - when I growl at her like a monster coming to get her, she laughs and calls me a dinosaur...

She is also still calling the tea set my girlfriend gave her 'popcorn' and her security blanket 'tia'. There have been times she has woken in the middle of the night and can't find TIA because she is sleeping in the big bed. She'll fuss "Tia! Tia! Tia..." until I get up and find it and then she passes back out.

Speaking of passing out. Can't. Keep. My. Eyes. Open...

No comments:

Post a Comment