Emma woke up from her nap from the previous post safe and sound. She didn't fall off the bed and she didn't seem to have any crib withdrawals! When I went into the room to rouse her, she smiled slyly as if she got away with something sleeping in "Ben's bed."
When I put her to bed tonight, I asked her which bed she wanted to sleep in. All she kept saying was, "Tia," which - if you remember - is her word for security blanket, go figure. Tia was on the big bed, so I laid her on the bed and she snuggled right in. It has been 20 minutes and I have yet to hear a peep.
A few funny language things today:
When I was getting Emma out of the bathtub, Ben started to fuss. Emma said, "Hold on, Ben." - which is what I say to Ben if he is fussing and I am trying to finish something up. Ha!
I usually read to Emma for about 15-20 minutes before she goes to bed. Tonight, she wouldn't let me read the stories properly. She decided she was going to read to me, and when I say read I mean identify each person on the page as "boy" or "girl". It was hysterical. She would turn the page, point to a character and say, "girl" or "boy", then point to another character and do the same. She made it through 2 books just saying girl and boy. And, if you are curious, she got all of the gender guessing correct - except for this one little boy in the Little Peoples book that looked rather feminine to me, too!
Her vocabulary is definitely expanding and she continually surprises me with her sentences. I can usually make out what she is saying, but my favorite sentence today was a bit tougher - it went something like this, "Mommy! Cow E I O ga blah doo doe de dia!" To which I replied, "Wow! Um, really? Unbelievable!"
No comments:
Post a Comment