Sunday, April 12, 2009

Barrel of Bunnies

Phew! I am beat up. I love getting 7 hours of straight sleep, but these 6am risings are a challenge when I am still making up for 6 months of poor sleep.

We had a very busy day and we are all pretty wiped out. We had a napless Emma in her pjs by 6:15pm and attempted a 7pm bedtime. She fought sleep for about 40 minutes and has finally crashed. She has realized she can get out of bed on her own now that she is in the big bed, but she can't quite reach the doorknob to let herself out of the room. She wanders around fussing, knocking on the door, pleading for me to let her out. I've been letting her do that for 5 minute spurts, then I go in, give her a hug and lay her back onto the bed. Each time I can see her getting sleepier and sleepier, then finally dreamland.

She did a great job entertaining all our friends for our Easter dinner this afternoon. "Ah, dude!" was a big hit, as was the ever dramatic, "Oh, no!" when she dropped her plastic egg full of the barrel of monkeys (that were actually bunnies) game and they scattered all over the floor.

The house is eerily quiet right now and I want nothing more than to go sleep... But I need to nurse Ben in an hour so I will hold my eyes open with toothpicks and countdown the minutes until my potential 5th night in a row of straight through sleep comes my way...

No comments:

Post a Comment