As Ben is so particular about what he eats, sometimes I am desperate just to get him to eat anything so we have to get creative here in the Penthouse. The other day he absolutely flat our refused to eat his dinosaur chicken nuggets, so I created a "tree house" for him to eat in using the box I grabbed from the recycling area at BJs to carry my bulk items in. I flipped the box upside down, he crawled under it and ate with no complaints. Madness.
Then yesterday for lunch I made him dino chix and tossed a few extra on the oven tray for myself as well as a chipotle black bean burger for me. I served them up and Ben looks at my plate and says, "Mom, dinosaur chickens are for little boys not for big mamas!" He then proceeded to remove my chic from my plate and ate his portion and most of mine (he took a pit stop to pee and I snuck two of mine into my belly!).
 |
| Whatever it takes... |
Daddy's birthday was last Friday. Ben and I made him a cake while Em was at school. Don't show her this pic, okay, because she will be angry she didn't get to lick the bowl clean, too!
 |
| choc-o-la-te! |
Gramma Lou came to the island to help us celebrate. The kids did an awesome job singing happy birthday, Ben was so animated and jumping to the beat the entire time.
 |
| Chocolate cake with chocolate frosting and peanut butter letter writing - oh yeah! |
We had beautiful Spring-like weather on Sunday. We spent the afternoon outside sporting it up! Well, Daddy, Em and I played soccer and lacrosse, Ben played with his trains in the last of the snow... No surprise there.
 |
| Fashionista soccer star |
 |
| I'm ready for my scholarship. |
A few weeks ago Daddy decided it would be fun to download the Angry Birds app onto the iPad. Ben was immediately addicted and conquered all the levels within a day. Seriously the kid is a genius. As we limit his time on the iPad and he is an obsession kind of guy, he translated his desire to play the electronic game into building the bad piggy castles with blocks and legos. He then gets his pretend "slingshot" and shoots a block into his creations to blow up the pigs.
 |
| Won't let me play the real thing? I'll show you, Mom. I'll use my imagination! Ha, take that! |
No comments:
Post a Comment