Because Ben is a January baby (and partly due to genetics) he will be the oldest biggest kid in his class. That also means I get an extra 9 months at home with him until he goes to school full time. Today I was looking at these pictures and enjoying my one on one time with my little man and I realized how blessed I am that I have gotten to "stay at home" with my kids for their 1st 5 years. Not a whole lot of mamas in our society are able to do that... (except for the the 7 regular followers of this diary! Giggle.)
Last week I was the lucky classroom parent at Ben's preschool co-op. That meant it was his "special day" - he got to ring the bell, choose the playtime activity (trains!), be the "teacher", and have show and tell.
He shined!
 |
| I'm ringing the bell, people! Zip it and have a seat! |
He properly answered the "what's the weather?" question and very cutely used the pointer to point out the days of the week and what day of the month it was.
 |
| It's TUESDAY! Come on, friends, repeat after me, "Sunday, Monday, Tuesday..." |
Here he is at snack time enjoying his Cheerios, I mean Trader Joe - Os!
 |
| Why you gotta snap all these pics?? |
The teachers asked us to write why our children are "good eggs" - click to enlarge - ALL ARE TRUE!
 |
| Ben for emperor! |
Yesterday, (not my class parent day) the Easter Bunny made a surprise visit to the preschool. We parents were forewarned this may happen and told to bring cameras. IT WAS AWESOME. The class came out of the school and onto the playground. The kids were oblivious. Ben was at the back of the line doing his usual "hop hop hop" (the kid does not know how to walk normal) and when he spotted the Easter Bunny he stopped dead and mouthed in all amazement, "The Easter Bunny." He then raced past all the kids who were deathly afraid and ran up to the bunny and stated, "Hi, Easter Bunny! Can I please have an Angry Birds Space set for Easter?"
 |
| Sure, Ben, whatever you want!! |
Needless to say I have been scouring Amazon for this request... Don't believe me that Ben is the biggest kid in the class? Have a looksie!
 |
| Where's Ben-do? |
No comments:
Post a Comment