Dear Bloggiary, sorry I have been neglecting you. The Batter Bunch has been busy! Three states in ten days, four flights - one aborted at the last minute and emergency diverted to Baltimore, twice our luggage was left behind, dog in kennel twice, lots of good eating with our families, inspired beyond belief at our company retreat in Palm Springs to change the lives of 1000s of people this year. Busy busy busy!
But as I write this from the waiting room of the surgical pavilion where I am the sole occupant - the receptionist has even gone home for the night - I cannot help but laugh that this is what it took to get me to sit down and reflect on our crazy Batter Bunch life.
Daddy is currently the recipient of an emergency appendectomy. His timing was perfect. The surgeon was free, the room was available, and the nurses are wowed at his positive attitude.
As am I.
Daddy Batter, we adore you. You inspire me every day to want to be a better Mother, Sister, Daughter, Friend, and wife. I cannot even imagine my life without you in it. I am the luckiest girl to have landed you as a partner in life.
I pray the Universe grants you a speedy recovery so we can dive into the next 18 months of life changing madness together and healthy.
Thank you, Gramma Lou for being in the right place at the right time once again and swooping in to our rescue.
I'm so glad that Brian is okay...and that you can find humor in a busy moment. Here's to things slowing down a bit for you!
ReplyDelete