Last week was cold. Average temps were in the teens. Brrrrrrrr. Needless to say, indoor activities were on the to do list. Ben goes to "library school" every Friday. Its a preschool playtime program for kids 3-5. As our school district has FREE preK, the class is made up of mostly 3 year olds - Ben is usually the oldest and biggest kid there. There are tons of "stations" but Ben is always in the SURPRISE train corner. Look at this cool track he built. This particular day he had a major meltdown as we were leaving the house. It was very unlike him and I can't even be bothered to go into all the drama - but we made it there, both of us with red rimmed eyes from crying. Everyone commented how they have never seen Ben sad! I am sure this is a new power struggle thing he is trying out. It's not fun. Not at all. But I have been so spoiled with his spectacular demeanor for four years. Surely I will survive this phase...
 |
| I'm all smiles, Ma. Come on! |
We got a slight reprieve from the cold on Sunday and spent a few hours outside burying trains with the remaining snow, playing with our boomerangs (one is still stuck in a tree waiting for a good wind to knock it down) and getting our vitamin D fix. Hooray!
 |
| That would be Thomas under that snow pile... |
Em is loving lacrosse. This is a blurry pic of her doing a running drill with the stick. She is the turquoise blur on the left!
 |
| Workin' on my scholarship. |
No comments:
Post a Comment