Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Christmas Eve

Another beautiful sunshiney day here in Sunny Florida. I do love Winters here. I have not at all missed the cold air from NY and if I could just discover that wormhole here on Earth that allows us to live here in Winter but continue about our daily lives in NY I would be one happy Mama. We spent the morning at the park down the street again then came home and put together our annual gingerbread house with Abuelita after lunch. This particular house's "glue" was not very sticky, and as soon as Abuelita let go of the foundation it collapsed. Oh, well. The photo op was fun and Ben pretty much ate the entire house - minus the decorations which he ever so deliberately removed (after ever so deliberately placing each one!!). Em ate the decorations and could have cared less about the cookie. Two peas in a pod, I tell ya.

Don't let go, Abudiba!
We celebrated Christmas Eve the Batter way (different from my family's traditions) with a yummy seafood dinner (cooked by Chef Daddy) and then opening ALL the family gifts (leaving gifts from Santa Claus only for Christmas day...). While Daddy cooked the late afternoon away, the kids and I watched more Veggie Tales by the light of the tree.

Mommy pic! Mommy pic!
Chef Daddy is our superhero. Abuelita loves when Daddy comes to town as she is relieved of her kitchen duties and gets to sit back and relax and entertain the kiddos while Daddy takes over the kitchen. Daddy is always happy to cook - especially when he can move around in the kitchen that is sized to fit more than one person at a time.


He cheffed up a YUMALICIOUS Italian Seafood soup. I ate at least four bowls of this goodness!!
Wanna come over??
After dinner we opened gifts. These pics are not in order and I cannot seem to be able to edit them. Ben got a wooden train that he very happily glued together then painted. Ever since starting preschool this fall he has become quite the Picasso. Love this kid.
I think I'll name it Thomas.
Em was very excited to open a present with the BRAVE doll, Merida. Abuelita had given her the movie for an early present when we arrived so the doll would be more appreciated. She-so-smart.

Mom, can I dye my hair red?
Em has also spent the past few days glued to the piano. She "plays" very well, plucking out actualy notes versus banging down of the keys. I think we will start lessons in September!! The piano she is playing has been gifted to her by Abuelita. As soon as we move out of the penthouse we will make the request for it to be sent North. :)

Sing us a song you're the Piano-Em.
The before they open the gifts pic:
CHEESE!
Daddy and Em doing the mosaic that Ben gave Em for Christmas. Hooray!

Matching chin dimples.
The kids went to bed pretty easily at around 8:30 excited to see what Santa was going to bring them when they woke. The rest of us enjoyed watching the various Christmas programs on TV until past midnight. Oh, wait, Mommy and Grandpop "tried" to enjoy the holiday programs while Daddy and Abudiba had an intense political debate for a good solid 90 minutes. Ahhhh, religion and politics - and we weren't even at a bar. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment