Ben's early morning awakenings are killing us. He gets tired and cranky by mid afternoon and impossible by 5:30. I'm beyond tired, and Daddy who cannot for the life of himself fall asleep before midnight, is not getting enough solid sleep and it's wreaking havoc on his body.
I can't believe I am about to put this in writing, but for the first time in 4 years I may actually be looking forward to DST hoping the springing forward of the clock will keep him in bed "longer" - by the clock standards at least. He was up and ready to play at 4:57am today. I was adamant that he pee, then return to bed, which he did but cried loudly until I snuggled in with him. Then he quieted down but thought it was chit chat time, "Mom, get off my pillow. You are laying on my snowman." (He has a snowman pillow case.) "Mom, open your eyes." "Mom, get off my face!" as I tried to snuggle him close hoping my warmth would put him back to sleep. Nope. I finally gave up at 5:30 and we went to the living room, I gave him some milk and the ipad and dozed off while he played all this favorite apps. Oi!
By lunch I was fighting sleep. We chowed, then I flipped on PBS for the kids and laid down on my bed. Guess who came looking for me and snuggled in? Yep. He is now napping away in my bed and I am wide awake on the couch. At least he won't be a cranky nightmare for our play date this afternoon!
Benism of the week: Yesterday when he walked out of the bathroom, he misjudged his steps and knocked his head on the door jam. Through his tears he exclaimed, "Ouch! My brains hit the wall!"
Exciting news of the day: Ben asked to sit on the potty to "get the poops out" - he actually sat there for a minute pushing and popped out a poop! No more Flashdance! I feel like we are now at 95% with OPT Ben. He is still waking up dry and has had only 3 accidents since Jan 22nd. Woot woot.
No comments:
Post a Comment