Thursday, February 2, 2012

Our Stud Muffin

Warning: this post is for family and friends with young children. It is chock full of TMI!

Ben has only had two pee pee accidents since we started training him 11 days ago. TWO! Where did this kid come from? He is even waking up dry every morning. How is it my 3 year old is waking up dry, but my 4 1/2 year old still wakes up with a five pound pee pee pull up?

He is still hesitant about BMing on the potty. He dances around quite a bit then at the very last minute, he will hover over the froggy potty - as if the seat were burning hot and he cannot sit on it! The good news is, today he danced, hovered, and pooped. We cheered and cleaned up, then minutes later he came running back over to me, "My butt! my butt!" I slipped the potty under him and he squirted out some more. (WHAT?? I told you this was a TMI post meant for those who care most!) The fact that he needed to finish up and he let me know makes me believe that the kid is truly trained. Halleluja!

Ben-isms from the past few days: 

1) At the pediatrician for his 3 year well visit, Ben did a mediocre job of letting the doctor check him out. For the first time ever, they WERE able to get a good eye test done (think Star Trek / view master toy), his vision is perfect (or so the fancy machine says!). They then tried for a hearing test but the kid started hollering, "Nooooo, no ears. Go Doctor LIVING ROOM!" inferring he was DONE with this part of his check up and wanted to play in the waiting room with the toys and the Nick jr on tv! The eyes/ear administrator had never heard a kid refer to the waiting room in that manor and thought it was awesome. This Mommy did, too!

Well visit stats: I can't remember exactly, but he was about 35 lbs which is 75th percentile (HOW IS THAT POSSIBLE? The kid does not eat anything anymore... Case in point: for dinner tonight, the kid ate 6 spoonfuls of Trader Joe's all natural peanut butter for dinner. That's it! And yes, he was - not double, not triple, but "sixtle" dipping with his spoon into the jar - meaning, when you come to visit me and I offer you a PBJ for lunch, request a fresh jar...). And 38 inches or so tall - again 75th percentile...

2) Have I mentioned this before? If so, it is well worth mentioning again. I LOVE Ben's interpretation of everything. One of my favorites is PETCO. The closest one to us is next to our Trader Joe's and we get there about once a month because it is a bit out of the way from our usual triangle of life. (Home, School, BJs.) Whenever we pull into the parking lot, Ben immediately sees the PETCO sign and logo which happens to be a red dog and a blue cat. He ALWAYS says, "Go Clifford and the Kitty store, Mom?" (Clifford, the big red dog... Anyone? Anyone? Bueller?")

3) Ben often uses the phrase, "I'm dizzy!" which for a freshie 3 year old, I think, is quiet brainy. For example, if he and big sister are spinning around and he falls to the ground, "I'm dizzy!" Perfectly normal... It's the - riding in the back seat of the car and Daddy takes a sharp turn too quick, "Whoa, Dad, I'm dizzy!" that cracks us up most! He uses it every time he loses his balance, whether he is simply running down the hall and trips or he jumps off a step and misjudges the landing and falls to the side, "Whoa, I'm dizzy!"

No comments:

Post a Comment