Last week, Emma announced that when she grows up she wants to be a Phys Ed teacher. And, just to clarify, NOT a gym teacher, but specifically a Phys Ed teacher...
Then on the Southwest airplane flying from Long Island to Tampa on Saturday afternoon she said, "Okay, when I am 21, I want to be a Gym teacher (yes, Gym teacher NOW) and then when I am 31, I want to be an airplane driver for New York West." I guess you get bored when you are a teacher having all that Summer vacation down time, so she is going to take pilot lessons.
Ben, who continues his eating challenged ways, is back on steak (wooHOOO! some protein!). He has eaten it almost every day here in FL. He has also been requesting "chickens" a lot = Wendy's chicken nuggests or restaurant kid's menu chicken strips. On the airplane he did eat some airline snack mix. He ate a Chex square dusted with cinnamon sugar and said, "Oooh, Mommy, these delicious french fries!" equating them with the waffle fries he ate the previous weekend at a restaurant in our little village, Port Jefferson.
When we landed in Tampa, Grandpa picked us up at the airport and we headed west to Clearwater. Emma, who had been yearning to see the palm trees of Florida all week announced with surprise in her voice, "Mom! There are lots of regular trees in Florida, too!"
Ben was running through Grandpa's place when he tripped on his shoes and fell down and started to cry. Emma, who did not see it happen but heard the aftermath inquired, "What happened to Benny? Did Grandpa push him?"
Grandpa can be quite the teaser. He was trying to help me get Em's pjs on the other night and Em was being her usual pain in the butt streaking around the house shaking her booty. (Another glorious phrase she has learned in preK.) Grandpa said, "Emma, get over here or I am going to spank your big fat booty." to which she replied not missing a beat, "No, Grandpa, I have the PERFECT booty and I'm gonna shake it in your face!" No self esteem issues here!
And, finally (because both kids are now awake and I need to put on my referee cap) on the way to the airport to head from Tampa to Fort Lauderdale to hang out with more Grandparents, Emma announced, "I wanna live in Florida because it starts with "F" and "F" is my favorite letter." Who knew?
No comments:
Post a Comment