Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Winning the lottery

Ben qualified for the speech therapy! Woohoo! Of course, he continues to add words daily, but who cares! This kid is going to be a motor mouth like his sister sooner than later! (WAIT A MINUTE! What have I done???)

My favorite of his new phrases is, "Emma naughty!" when she is misbehaving or crying. Yesterday Daddy was disciplining Emma in a louder than normal voice and Ben came running over to me and said, "Emma naughty. Daddy naughty."

Late yesterday afternoon, Emma, wanting to watch tv and not play just said, "But Mom, playing is bad for me! I always get tired playing." *sigh*

Monday afternoon I looked out my window and saw some elementary aged kids playing with a lighter trying to light a pizza box and a realtor plastic sign. They had it burning pretty good, so I called Henry's mommy and told her to look out her window. She agreed we should intervene and we headed out the door and across the street. The kids immediately stood up straight and said, "We're just making a campfire!" trying to down play their pyrotechnics. Henry's mom suggested they hand over the lighter and queried them if their Mama knew what they were doing. They honestly answered no and we casually walked back to their place with them and narced on them to their Mom. You could tell she was a bit embarrassed, they had just moved in last week and already her kids were yucking it up! We told her kids will be kids and welcomed her to the 'hood. I was quite proud of the way we handled it and thought to myself, "Wow, I am actually an adult. When did that happen?"

Yesterday's playdate was fun! Poor Ben is always the "little kid" in the mix, but he loved the "Ben's the monster!" play and chased the girls back and forth all over the house. At one point he had a poop in his diaper, came out of the room, pointed to his butt and said with his face all scrunched up, "Yucky!"

Oh, I almost forgot!! Ben woke up after a 12 hour sleep with a dry diaper! Then he had a dry diaper again before his bath when I had changed him 3 1/2 hours earlier. I tried to get him to sit on the potty and pee but he would have nothing of it. I didn't want to push it too much so I put him in the tub and he danced around for a minute like he was "holding it" then finally peed the biggest most powerful stream across the tub. I said, "Ben, that's pee pee! Pee pee goes in the potty!" His face got all quizzical and said, "Pee?" as if he was making the connection about urinating. Can I cancel my diaper subscription soon??? *fingers crossed*

1 comment:

  1. I just read your FB post about washing the diaper. I did the same I shook everything out, wiped down the machine and rewashed everything . I had good luck.

    Hooray for Ben for his speech. Any help is good. You'll have to write about what they do because my Russell just isn't talking.

    ReplyDelete