Thursday, August 4, 2011

Snuggle bug

Grandpa and Grandma Nancy came to visit us in Long Island for the first time since we moved this past weekend. Grandpa had just gotten knee surgery and wasn't up to much sight seeing, so we hung around the penthouse playing. We did go out for dinner Sat and Sun which is a nice rare treat. The kids behaved well (Phew!) and Benny actually fell asleep in the car on the way home Sunday and didn't wake up when I removed him from his car seat, carried him upstairs, changed his diaper and put pjs on him. We had one tired munchkin on our hands! Emma, never missing a moment to display her comedic timing, leaned over towards Ben as we pulled into our driveway, saw that he was sleeping and announced, "We have a winner!!"

The best part of that carry up the stairs was the snuggle into my neck. Those moments although still plentiful, are getting less and less as the kids grow... I will never deny my kids or me that moment and am glad I can freeze it here in internetland for all time.

The BEST part of the weekend was the arrival of a package that had the wooden Annie and Clarabel and Harold the helicopter inside. Ben flipped out and hasn't put them down for 5 days now!!


Daddy and I are in Las Vegas right now for our convention. Grandma Lou is watching the kiddos and the dogs... More stories to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment