Monday, August 29, 2011

We made it through the rain!

We were awoken this morning to the sweetest little voice calling out, "Hello? Hello? Mommy? Daddy? Benny stuck, can't out. Hello?" It made us laugh out loud and I gotta tell you, it's a great way to start out your day.

The reason Benny was stuck is he still can't crawl out of the crib. And I've watched him try! I figure I can get another 6 months of him in there if he doesn't potty train first. Oi, such a trade off - and a selfish dilemma for me. I want him locked up so he stays in bed at night, but I'd also like to toss out my four year old diaper genie!

The kids did great during the hurricane. We watched a ton of tv expecting the power to go out. I wanted to "save" the crafts I had planned for a few days of no power, but amazingly we never lost power!!! And the kids were in heaven. It is supposed to be sunny and clear all week so I am unplugging the tv and getting them out into the fresh air. The locals are predicting an early end to Summer this year which means the colder temps are coming. Boohoo. But thankfully Irene spared us and our penthouse made of bricks which leads me to my favorite Emma quote of the weekend, "Hey, Mama, our house is made of bricks so the storm can't blow it away!" We act out the little pigs story often and it was fun for me to see her make that connection!

No comments:

Post a Comment