Friday, August 26, 2011

New couch game for your kids!!

As I type this, my children are standing on the couch facing the wall looking at their shadows making them "talk" to each other, then falling onto the cushions laughing hysterically at their antics. They are bored with their toys, want to watch tv all the time, and barely want to go outside to play. It is safe to say that I am excited for Emma to start 5 days a week 1/2 day pre-K on September 6th so we can have a change up in our routine. Daily playdates are the only thing keeping this mama from going insane.

We are in full hurricane preparation. All the food supplies have been bought and we still have our earthquake backpacks filled with tons of emergency goodies from CA. Tomorrow afternoon, Daddy and I are going to cook up a bunch of meals that can be eaten as "leftovers" for the next few days to get us through should we lose power and gas. Our gallon sized ziplock freezer bags are filled with water and turning into giant blocks of ice should we need them to keep our perishables cold. Our cars are gassed up and extra dog food has been purchased. We plan on filling up the bathtub so we have fresh stuff to flush toilets and use for cleaning up. Not much else to do but hang out and see what happens!

Ben is talking up a storm. He still has a ton of jibberjabber but when he speaks he uses phrases and even full sentences instead of just one word here and one word there. For example, he just handed me an empty sippy cup and said, "Here you go, Mommy." The other night we were watching "Balto" on dvd and he said, "Oh, no! Down the hill, man fall down, hit head!!" in reference to the dogsled driver who did exactly that. I still think he will benefit from speech therapy so I am not going to cancel it, but as I always expected and was never truly worried that his speech would come, it did!

Cuteness alert: I can't get enough of when Daddy is disciplining Emma and Ben runs up to me, "Emma naughty. Crying. Daddy naughty." I am guessing Daddy is "naughty" because he is using "the voice" and making Emma cry. HA!

No comments:

Post a Comment