While watching BABAR yesterday, Emma suddenly exclaimed, "Hey! Monkeys don't talk!" in reference to the monkey having a conversation with Babar - a TALKING elephant, by the way. Go figure.
Today's post will be short and sweet. Emma woke up at 2am last night and finally fell back to sleep at 3. Benjamin, not be be outdone, then woke up at 3:45am and didn't go back to sleep until 9:30am and then slept 'til 12:30pm. Finally at 7:30am I wandered into our bedroom and woke up Daddy and said, "Dude, it's your turn." He hadn't heard a thing all night long. Needless to say, I will be going to bed as soon as I hit "publish post."
The children are currently in bed chatting happily away with each other. Ben still isn't making any real words but I cannot get enough of his, "Aye yai yah, ooh aah ooo, ayayaya mamama." (except at 4am...)
My very first post ever was when Emma was 17 1/2 months old. The wind had blown the screen door closed and she was stuck out on the deck. She was banging on the door yelling all Marlon Brando like, "WHYYYYYYYY?" I made mention at that time how adorable it was but someday I knew I would grow to dislike that word. That day has come!! Emma asks, "Why?" about everything. Emma, get in your chair. "Why?" We are going to eat breakfast. "Why?" Because you need nutrition so you can grow strong. "Why?" or Emma, please get your shoes on. "Why?" Because we are going to the park. "Why?" Because you asked me to go. "Why?"
No comments:
Post a Comment