Saturday, September 25, 2010

Indian summer, stay a while, please?

8:45pm on a Saturday. We got back from a bbq with new friends about an hour ago. It was Emma with 3 other girls her age-ish and Ben. Poor Ben. We seem to have made friends with a bunch of families that have female offspring - not too many boys in the mix. One day, Ben, you will have the pic of the litter, don't you worry, big guy.

He didn't mind a bit though. Oblivious Ben. The girls were hanging out inside an 8 man tent in the back yard and Ben just kept circling the tent peeking in the windows and the girls just kept screaming then Ben would scream (screechier than the girls, I might add) and all would giggle and it would start all over again. It was the perfect night, adults enjoying good conversation on the deck, the kids screaming in the yard behind us. Good times.

Tonight as I bathed Emma she said, "Are you gonna go to California tomorrow and see Auntie Cold?" "Yep," I said, "but it is just a quickie trip. I will be back by the time you wake up Tuesday morning." "But, Mama, I am really gonna miss you." (*Insert sound of my heart melting here.*)

No comments:

Post a Comment