Saturday, September 11, 2010

Sleep fairy, please report to me.

Yes, it is 5:30am and I have been awake for two hours. There is a line in a song off my 3rd CD track 1 that goes, "It's just a cycle in my head, in my bed." meaning when I can't sleep I think about the same things over and over which cause me to stay awake even longer. I'm not normally an insomniac so these bouts that I have been having, child induced, are wreaking havoc on my face - i.e. some new wrinkles!

Tonight's insomnia is brought to you by the daughter, E. Yesterday afternoon the nap fairy visited!! (Thanks, crazy lady for your suggestion - it worked!!) She snoozed a whole 90 minutes or so and woke up in a good mood. We were so excited! But then at 3:30 am she woke me up and yapped my ear off until about 20 minutes ago when I finally told her enough is enough and she needed to go back to sleep. Too bad no one is telling me that!

But the good news is Gramma Lou is in town for a visit, so I can have a short break and power nap if need be.

Some funnies from the past week: We were at Rocketship park a bunch this past week and one day Emma was playing with this girl about her age that she met named Olivia. They were playing all kinds of games having fun but Olivia kept calling Emma "Emily." Emma kept correcting her over and over and finally stomped off and stopped playing. Olivia was confused by her behavior and questioned her to which Emma replied all snarky, "My NAME IS EMMA. EMMA!!!"

EMMA!!! also had an accident on my new couch (it has been 3 months - how much longer can I call it the new couch?) the other day. In the midst of my anger at cleaning it up, she attempted to console me with, "Don't worry, Mama, Daddy can buy you a NEW couch." Ahhh, the innocence.

No comments:

Post a Comment