Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Sleep deprived 101

Benny is still waking in the middle of the night to "play" for two hours every night which makes for very sleepy parents by day. He is then taking 3 hour naps during the day - but the parents are not, they are still doing projects around Gramma's house and keeping big sister occupied. That makes for very tired parents therefore lack of journaling. Sorry folks.

We did get word that our car is due to arrive in PA on Thursday. If is does, we are off to NY on Friday. Our house goods STILL have not left the warehouse in CA - we are hoping to get word on them tomorrow. Argh.

In the meantime, we continue to enjoy hanging out with family here in PA. And I actually do enjoy all the little projects we have been doing to fix up the house. I spent the day on my knees laying a new tile floor in the 4x10 landing at the top of the stairs on the second floor. Daddy entertained the kiddos all day and I was able to get the majority of it done. I was reminded of how much I enjoyed renovating our home in Burbank and working with my hands and actually seeing the immediate fruits of my labor. Although I am in no hurry to own a home again, it is a nice reminder that I am good at something.

What isn't nice is that Daddy pulled a TICK out of Benjibooglheimer's neck tonight. A TICK!!! Stupid countryside! Now I will be obsessed with checking the kids from head to toe everytime they come inside... Yucky.

Emma announced to us today that, "Aunt Lisa can't walk." It was a good observation considering she is in a wheelchair. It came out of nowhere, though, and cracked us up.

Then this morning she was whining like a madman and I raised my voice at her to shut her up. She sat on the sofa and said, "I hurt my feelings." How did you hurt your feelings? "I hurt them on the wall." ...huh?

Finally tonight in our parental laziness we decided that Emma didn't need to take a bath and she freaked out, "No! I NEED to take a bath. I'M STINKY!"

1 comment:

  1. I am sorry that little Benny is doing that to you. Maybe some baby boot camp is in store when you get to NY?
    I can't believe your stuff is still in CA! I've heard stories about that stuff happening.
    That is hilarious about Emma. The boys dance around when I tell them they don't have to take a bath. Some nights I'm just too tired and I wash their hands and feet in the sink and wipe their faces off.

    I tried to find Skype on our computer. Chris downloads and then disables things all the time. As soon as I get it figured out we will chat. The boys will love it.

    I'm kicking myself for not getting Emma and Ben out and practicing with my camera. Maybe in about 4 more months I'll be fully functional.

    ReplyDelete