Monday, June 28, 2010

Bittersweet weekend.

I was enjoying a nice quick shower this morning, finishing up with a good face scrubbing and a long rinse. I heard some rustling of the shower curtain and figured (with eyes closed) that Benny was outside ready to rip open the curtain like he often does. Nope, the kid had already CLIMBED all stealth like INTO the tub and was splashing at the water at my feet fully clothed! I think I need to get a small pool for our balcony - this kid cannot get enough of water!

Yesterday as I was dropping Emma off at her new nursery class, the teacher asked me hold old Ben was. I said 17 months and she said, "Leave him here, too!" I was like, "No way, this kid is el-destructo, and you already have 12 kids to keep an eye on." She insisted so I dropped him into the pile of toys and he wandered about playing with this and that. It is a two hour class and I was just planning on staying the whole time to make sure he wasn't grabbing at anyone's face or causing his usual I can't talk so I will just do-do-do ruckus, but he actually assimilated so well that by the start of the second hour, I sneaked out and went to my own class! It was a joyous/super sad moment. Joyous that I had a whole HOUR of adult conversation without interruption, and sad that my little baby is growing up! At one point he was sitting at a long table with all the other kids all grown up like eating a snack and my heart actually "pinched." He looked like such a big boy. BITTERSWEET...

My favorite comfort food is peanut butter and jelly toast - with Daddy out of town for the weekend I ate alot of it the past 3 days! When Ben sees me eating it, he wanders over with his monkey, "Oo-oo-oo!" face and paws at the toast. I grab his hands so they don't get all sticky and offer him a bite. But, the kid doesn't bite at the toast, he simply licks the jelly off the top. Silly Benny.

No comments:

Post a Comment