Tuesday, June 22, 2010

"Love is in the air."

Just in case I haven't mentioned it recently, I want you all to know how much JOY Benjamin brings into our home every day. The kid has this infectious smile and sparkling eyes that I simply cannot get enough of. Today I was reading my book and he came over and slapped it out of my hands as if to say, "Yo, lady, pay attention to me!" I was mad for about a millisecond because he was smiling that David Letterman toothy grin and I just had to pick him up and wrestle with him and tickle him and smooch him - which is pretty much exactly what he wanted anyway. Lucky me!

Emma's is starting to create these elaborate stories in her head. And by elaborate I mean she is a giant fibber! She was having one of those emotional days yesterday and was playing out front on bikes with her 2 year old buddy, Henry who is also in her nursery class. They were doing great for a chunk of time but Henry kinda wandered off and did his own thing for a bit and that upset Miss Social a bit. She started crying and crying and we had to leave the playdate and go up to our place. Inside I said, "What happened out there?" to which she replied, "Henry hit me on the leg, then the back, then the head." Now my friends, I was sitting there with Henry's mama the whole time and let me tell you, Henry is the sweetest little man next to my Benny and there were certainly no altercations. I said to her, "Emma, no he didn't. You are making up stories." She totally didn't understand that AT ALL and my ever so smart hubby later pointed out that I should have said, "Emma, you have an amazing imagination! But I was there and that is not how I remember it." Of course, today her and Henry played with no memories of yesterday...

Funny story... Emma pretty much uses our regular toilet seat when she goes number 1, but when she wants to settle in and go number 2, she is still using the converter seat on the potty. Daddy and I were trying to find a place to hang the "ducky" potty to get it off the floor in our super tiny bathroom where it wouldn't be in the way. Turns out, our bathroom is so small that it is in the way everywhere to which Emma the problem solver came in and said, "The ducky potty can go here." She took it from daddy's hands and hung it on the door handle. DUH, PARENTS. Sometimes the littlest mind solves best the littlest quandary. By the way, I love me the Emma, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment