It has rained here in LA for the past 48 hours - thank you Mother Nature! Rain is a rare occurrence in Autumn, or year round for that matter. We were stuck inside but survived with a bit more tv than normal, lots of coloring, and lots of 'city' building with our blocks, and farm, and house, and zoo, and weeble wobble tree house (all thoroughly enjoyed as recycled toys - i.e. hand-me-downs from friends who have purged their toy rooms). Emma learned a new phrase today and used it often, "It's raining cats and dogs, Mommy!"
Speaking of hand-me-downs, as I have mentioned before, I have yet to purchase any clothing for my children as I have a great circle of family who have purchased lots of items as well as some friends who have given me their used clothes. Emma in particular has been using our friend Zarek's daughter's clothes from day 1! Well Sierra is turning 4 in December and Emma is 27 months. They currently wear about the same size! Needless to say her hand-me-downs are no longer going to work out for us and I just may have to go out and buy some clothes.
One such item that I did purchase was 2 packages of "big girl panties" in hopes of beginning potty training. Today Emma found a pack, opened them, and proceeded to put on all five pairs that were in the pack. I think this may be a sign that she is ready to start potty training. SEE VIDEO:
Then this evening on our walk after dinner after it stopped raining, she refused to go outside unless she could carry the package with her. She kept wanting to wear the panties, so I told her that tomorrow after she wakes up we will start wearing the big girl panties. She was very excited! I then asked her, "Emma, if you wear big girl panties, do you go pee pee on the potty or pee pee in the panties?" She answered without hesitation, "Go pee pee in panties, Mommy." I just may be in trouble. Good thing for leather couches and hardwood floors!
On to Benvolio, my little guy is busting in two more teeth on the top. That gives us a grand total of 4 top and two bottom - which seems strange to me, but whatever makes his little body happy makes me happy! He is going to need those teeth to chew on the mud chunks that the dumb dogs keep bringing in from outside anyway. "Whaaaaat?" you ask. Yes, that has been the bane of my day, cleaning up after the dogs when they come back inside from doing their business in the rain - chunks of mud everywhere. I thought I had them all, but Mr. Clean would find the ones that were hidden and eat 'em up. At one point his face looked like he had gotten into chocolate - YUCKO!
I leave you with the funny line of the day:
"Hey, Mommy, watch the animal moobie on the PU?"
"Watch it where?"
"On the PU, Mommy!"
"The PU, what are you talking about?"
"The PU, right dere, on the couch, the PU."
She was pointing to my laptop. (Daddy and I often refer to the computer as the "'puter". I think that is what she was mixing up.)
"Oh, you mean the computer?"
"Yeah, Mommy. Watch the animal moobie on the complaydoh."
"You got it, kiddo, we will watch it on the complaydoh."
No comments:
Post a Comment