Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Know anyone who can get me a discount?

"Get back over here!"

That was a new one for me. I just finished reading about 10 books to Emzilla and was putting them away when little miss demandy-pants decided we weren't quite finished. Ai yai yai!

Emma got one of those books with missing circles and you fill them in with Cheerios to complete the pages. I've seen it in the bookcase since her birthday but never busted it out until tonight because we weren't really a Cheerios kind of joint. Until now. As a matter of fact, we are now going through Cheerios so fast, that I had to buy the mondo box at Costco today. Ben would swim in them if you let him and Emma would save him from drowning by eating them all. So, I figured it would be a good opportunity to have a little fun with the book and the beloved Cheerios - except she was eating them faster than we could get them on the page. Per chance we are not ready for that book yet...?

Then, while reading a nightly standard, HOP ON POP, when we got to the page with the character PAT about to sit on a prickly cactus, the rhyme goes, "No, Pat, no, don't sit on that." As soon as I finished reading the line Emma said, "Yea, you hurt the butt." HA!

Ben hit milestone number 46 today. Daddy and he were playing around and when daddy put Ben on the floor on his belly, he rocked back and sat himself up on his butt all by himself. Hasn't done it since so it might have been a fluke - but I will keep a vigilant eye out for all of you. In the meantime, to tide you over, have a gander at our handsome little always happy munchkin:

No comments:

Post a Comment