Emma is great at manipulating a conversation to get what she wants. Conversation just had:
"Mama, watch the animal moobie?"
"What, sweetie? Watch the animal movie?"
"Great idea, Mama!"
Then there is the:
"Mommy, watch the animal moobie?"
"What's the magic word?"
"Ummm, MOOBIE!"
"No, what do you say if you want to watch the animal movie?"
She thinks for a second, "Watch the animal moobie, Mama?"
"Yes, you say that, but what is the magic word that helps you to watch the movie?"
She clearly thinks I am retarded and yells, "MOOBIE!"
"Wow! That was loud. How about, 'Please.'"
"Okay, How about PLEEEEEEEASE?"
Ben's morning nap has been averaging only about 30 minutes these days. Except this morning. At the babysitter while I was doing a voiceover. I pay her good money to do what? Whatever she wants while Ben sleeps the entire 2 hours. Good job, Benny boy, I coulda just left you in the car outside the studio... Sheesh.
When the son of a couple of friends of ours was only six or seven, he was very good at directing and manipulating the flow of conversation to what he wanted. One evening at a party we were giving he all of a sudden said: "you know, some ice cream would go really well with that dessert." His mom and dad looked at each other, then at us. We all knew the kid was pulling our strings, but danged if he wasn't right! So we went out and got some ice cream....
ReplyDelete