No, those are not Barbie's measurements. They are my strapping young man-baby, Ben's! He had his 9 month well visit this morning, and after charming the front desk ladies and the nurse as per usual, he had his weigh in before the pediatrician came in to check him out - 29 inches long and 21 lbs 4 ozs (or the equivalent of a 12 months old). His giant Mommy and Daddy-like noggin measured in at 19.5. What can I say, we Eimers-Batter have huge brains.
While Ben was sleeping off his hangover from the vaccinations he received this morning, Emma and I were in the backyard cleaning up all the outside toys that got abused in last weeks rain. One such toy was the water table she got from Grandma and Grandpa. After I scrubbed it clean I filled it for her to play with while I went about cleaning the rest of the toys. I often glanced over at her enjoying seeing her having a good time splashing around and enjoying the fountain and the boats. My final glance found our favorite daughter enjoying her water table a bit more than I normally would expect:

Yep. Fully clothed. She climbed right into it! And check out that Sassy look on her face!
As I may have mentioned, we are now taking a more active roll in disciplining Emzilla when she rears her ugly head. At 27 months, it is finally obvious that she understands there will be consequences when she misbehaves. Does this stop her from misbehaving? Not at all - she is only two! But what is has done you should be able to decipher from the following conversation:
(Ben and Emma are playing on the floor in the living room. Mommy is in the kitchen 10 feet away - she hears it all through the doorway.)
Crash! Blocks come tumbling down.
Emma in the sternest deepest daddy voice ever: "Ben! NO! NOOOO! That Emma's. Not Ben's. You want time-out? You say sorry! NOW!"
Ben: "Yah blah blah gurgle gurgle wa."
Emma: "Ben! You go time out! Go!"
Mommy then stepped in to pick up Ben before Emma got the bright idea of giving him a spanking. I gave her the 'ole, "Excuse me, you don't talk to Benny like that." while laughing uncontrollably on the inside.
No comments:
Post a Comment