Friday, January 31, 2014

Deep thoughts by children

I've got writers block these days - no desire to sit and journal. But I need to post these before they slip out of my brain forever...

The other day Emma was playing with Ben's Marble Run birthday present. She was longingly watching the marbles do their thing in the tracks and loops and said, "I wish I were a marble."

On our way to Ben's PT on Tuesday my phone rang in the car. I did not have my headset handy but I illegally answered it anyways. I got caught up in the conversation and missed the turn I was supposed to take. Ben was very aware I went the wrong way as he is a smart directional cookie. When I hung up the phone he scolded me, "Mom, when the phone rings in the car you should press the red button (decline) not the green button (accept). Then when you get to where you want to go, you can call them back."

Ha! I agreed with him, mommy needs to be safe, blah blah blah.

Then on the way home, Daddy called me and I answered the call because I REALLY REALLY needed to tel him something (I can't remember what...). But after hanging up Ben said sternly, "MOM! I TOLD YOU. WHEN THE PHONE RINGS IN THE CAR YOU SHOULD PRESS THE RED BUTTON!"

Sheesh! Who made Ben the cell phone police?

PT. PT is a riot. He comes out SWEATY after his 30 minutes with the therapist! I am no longer calling it Physical Therapy. I now say, "Come on, Ben. We gotta go see your Personal Trainer!" He loves it and I love that he is getting his move on. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment