Every year our ownership of holiday movies grows as we receive gifts from so many family members. Every year my kids latch onto one movie in particular and we end up watching it over and over and over. This year is was Frosty Returns - the dumbest movie in the history of movies, but my kids love it and John Goodman plays Frosty so at least I can close my eyes and be entertained by his voice (he is an accomplished musician).
Recently though we stumbled across a four pack of dvds that we were given by someone - Veggie Tales. The kiddos are hooked. Ben asks every night after his bath, "Mom, can we watch Veggie Tomatoes?"(One of the lead vegetable characters is a tomato.) It cracks me up. The shows are rather ridiculous in my old lady opinion but they all have a nice message... so Veggie Tomatoes, it is!
My mental sanity is slowly healing after the horrors of last Friday. Today I was all - hurricane Sandy, Sandy hook - what's up with Sandy this year? May she rest in peace and may 2013 bring us all happy healthy times...
I did bawl my eyes out for 1 minute and 57 seconds today watching the artists from that tv show The Voice sing my favorite song ever "Hallelujah" and dedicating it to the 27 new angels watching over us. If you haven't seen it, find it on my FB and make a point of watching it. You, too, will cry, but it will be a good hearty heaving cathartic cry which I think I really needed to put me on the road to healing.
Speaking of crying and vegetables, Ben only ate a waffle with peanut butter, half a pancake, some cheerios and some omega 3 soy crackers today - probably for a total of 400 calories. How is this kid 42 pounds and a powerhouse?
No comments:
Post a Comment