Tonight was rough. I snapped. I hollered. A lot. I don't like when that happens. Ben is learning how to push buttons. My sweet little man lingers yet on occasion I get glimpses of his teenagery. Em would not stay in bed. It is becoming a huge problem because she is tough to get out of bed in the morning and even tougher to get any iota of breakfast into.
Food. For the second night in a row Ben has gone to bed without supper. It sucks. He consumes so few calories as it is. I know I have to be tough here. He cannot just have 4 items in his diet. His body needs proper nutrition.
A water main broke at the school late last night so they cancelled school today for repairs. Ben went to preschool and Em and I went to the park and hung out with friends who were home with their kids. It was a beautiful morning. The sun was warm, the company was good. I'm not sure what happened to make the afternoon and evening turn to the dark side but I found myself praying that daylight savings would come quicker. 10 more days.
On a sillier note: Ben, Daddy and I were in the kitchen today and Ben wanted to eat some peanut butter off a spoon from the jar. He pushed me out of the way so he could open the drawer and I fell backward into the stove. For a kid that consumes 300 calories a day, he is still a strong little whipper snapper. I disciplined him demanding apologies which he gave and made him ask politely for me to move - he did. NOT 15 SECONDS LATER, Daddy, who needed a utensil from the drawer gently grabbed Ben and said, "Move it, buddy," guiding him out of the way. I was all DID YOU NOT JUST HEAR A DANG WORD I JUST PREACHED TO THE KID?? Daddy gave me the "Wow, that was bad Daddying" face, corrected himself, Ben left the kitchen and we laughed until tears fell.
I think we all need a time out.
No comments:
Post a Comment