The kids were great on the long ride home in the heat of the day. We only stopped once to pee and fill up with cheap NJ gas ($3.53) - that is unless you count me jumping out of a moving car to grab 3 hot dogs from a street cart on a corner in Manhattan. We have been trying various ways to get to PA from our island and this journey's ride just may be the winner. We took the L.I.E. across the island to the Queens Midtown tunnel, through Manhattan to the Lincoln Tunnel, then cut across NJ on a smaller freeway. We barely hit traffic in either direction which was nice and driving through the city is always entertaining vs on boring highways around it. The only drag is you have to pay for the Lincoln Tunnel in both directions (George Washington bridge is only entering the city) but I am at a point in life where time is money and $12 is worth it!
We were home by 1:15, so I put swim suits on the kiddos and headed to the marina to cool off in the froggy sprinklers. Too bad the sprinklers weren't turned on yet!! (I will be stopping by town hall tomorrow to voice my opinion on that lapse of thought by the village for a holiday weekend!) So we played for a bit on the turtles and boat, then headed down to the boat launch area to cool our toes and hunt for shells. I actually SAT DOWN ON THE BEACH and watched the kids. They actually LISTENED when I encouraged them NOT to do this and that. Our babies are growing up. Is there "reading a book on the beach" in my future??? A Mama can only dream...
 |
| Come on slow poke, Ben! |
 |
| Em searching for shells. Ben tossing rocks in the ocean. |
No comments:
Post a Comment