Friday, May 25, 2012

Do over week

(Blogger has posted my pics all willy nilly so follow along if you can...) 

We attempted my "Do over" birthday/mother's day last Sunday. I wasn't completely healed, operating at about 85%, but it was a beautiful day so I requested we get out and MOVE as over a week of laying around was taking a toll on my self diagnosed "restless*leg*syndrome". We hit the Gnarled Hallow trail - 3 miles of paved goodness through the forest that we can pull a wagon on so when the kids get tired they can ride. Unfortunately that meant we pulled lazy Emma the ENTIRE way and Ben about 75% of the way. He walked 10% and spent the remaining 15 on top of Daddy's shoulders.

Look how skinny my handsome hubby is getting! Go JUICE FAST, go!   
     

 


I'm a princess. I command you pull me.
   Ben LOVES playing basketball on our neighbor's hoop. I am so grateful we live in a complex with lots of kids who share all our/their outdoor toys. Basketball is the one game I can hang out for giant chunks of time and enjoy, too, before my ADD kicks in and I need a new activity. I cannot wait until we can get some good games of Horse and 1-1 going! :)
Michael Jordon in the making.
I found this little girl passed out at 6:55pm the other night. I was wonder how the heck I was going to get her into her top bunk as she weighs in at 50 lbs and I simply cannot lift her anymore. Ben solved the problem by doing a cart wheel on the couch, misjudging his landing and headbutting her about 5 seconds after the pic was snapped. She woke in hysterics and took about 30 minutes to calm down. Thanks, Ben! (I think.)

LOVES LOVES LOVES this swing.

No comments:

Post a Comment