Thursday, May 17, 2012

Busy Month

May is always a busy month for us. Aunt Miki, Grandpa, Mommy, and Grandpop all have birthdays. Throw in Mothers day and there is someone to make a homemade card for every week.

We headed to PA last weekend to PARTY! Grandpa's birthday party was Friday night.

He is actually 64. OOPS! Silly Mommy.
I LOVE this pic. Ben cracks me up!
At this point Emma was perfectly healthy, Benny was pretty much over his cold, and I was chain-blowing my nose, but no fever and I didn't feel too bad besides a sore nose...

Then came Saturday - MY BIRTHDAY. I woke up les miserables. And it lasted the entire day. My birthday party was a challenge. I spent a good deal of it on the couch sleeping.

Totally faking happiness here. I was wicked sick with a nasty fever.
Emma had a blast playing water guns and water balloons with her cousin, Frank the ENTIRE day. He did such an amazing job entertaining her and she is completely enamored with him. Seriously, she was glued to his side.

Em madly in love with Frankie.
It was such a beautiful day!! Blue skies, warm temps. Definitely need a do over this weekend.

Ben was super cute. At about 3:00 he requested his blankie, wandered down the hall to his cousin Leah's room, crawled into her bed on his own and took a two hour nap rocking the pink sheets.

Our sweet little manly man.
At 7:00pm as we were leaving Emma said, "My throat hurts." Greeeeeaaaaaattt. We got back to Grandma's, I max dosed on Nyquil and slept for 13 hours. Grandma went into Nurse Mode and cared for the newly sick Em. Sunday morning - Mother's Day - we all met up at a restaurant for brunch. We were in and out within an hour as Em was a catatomic zombie. We piled into the minivan and drove 4 hours straight back to Port Jefferson to Daddy's waiting arms (no pit stops for pee! Compared to the 5 pit stops on the way to PA!!). I don't remember much of the next 48 hours except for spiking fevers and whines of sickness from both Emma and me...

Thankfully, I am feeling 90% better. Em, not so much. We hit the doctor yesterday - no strep throat, ears looked fine, no explanation for the fever. She sent us home with a "gotta let her body fight it". This morning she woke up complaining her ears hurt. We are on our way back to see if infection formed overnight. I almost hope YES, so we can get a script and be done with it. Poor kiddo.

(I will leave out the part here where I didn't believe her ears were hurting her at first because I truly thought she was lying and simply didn't want to go to school... OI!)

UPDATE: yep, ear infection. both ears. Amoxicilian it is, oh, and a steroid for her cough/bark.

No comments:

Post a Comment