This morning was the kind of morning that if I weren't careful we would still be in our PJs eating lunch. I knew I needed to get the kids out of the house but I wasn't feeling very inspired. I called my neighbor and asked her if she had any fun plans for the morning we could crash, and she suggested we all go to Middle Country Library as they have a massive children's area with toys, puzzles, a train table, a giant doll house, a big ship and, of course, BOOKS! I thought it was a great idea so we all got dressed and away we went.
I had heard about this library but I am so fond of our local library that I never really considered making the trip. I am so glad we did! We were there for about an hour and I literally had to rip Ben away from the train table - he cried hysterically all the way out of the library! Emma had a blast playing in the giant doll house with Henry, and playing with the magnetic letters, and the kitchen set, and jumping on the boat. She did everything - except READ BOOKS, because hey, we have books at home.
Needless to say when it gets too cold to be outside, this place is going to be one of our new haunts. (How big does Ben look in this pic! The kid is growing like a weed defying all science as he still doesn't eat - must be some truth to the "Drink your milk so you can grow big and strong." as that is the only staple in his diet!)


No comments:
Post a Comment