Saturday, November 6, 2010

Let the Good Times Roll

As winter is nearing I am in a constant search for indoor things to do to occupy and inspire the minds of our kiddos. Yesterday, Daddy took Benny with him to the supermarket leaving the girls at home to play. I had the sudden thought that maybe, just maybe Emma was old enough and coordinated enough to give the 'ole Wii a go. I popped in Wii Play and we tried some cow racing and fishing, then I found the wii sport thinking that she may be able to do the bowling. Well, I am happy to report she had a blast WATCHING me using the Mii we designed in her image to play the games. She couldn't quite grasp the controller idea, though, and got frustrated when left to try it on her own. Daddy came home in the midst of the bowling and thought it was a great idea for her to learn. He jumped in as Master Trainer but didn't have much more luck than I did. I love this picture because it looks like Daddy and Emma are the spectators and Ben has just tossed the ball down the lane. He even has the perfect post-toss form!


We spend a lot of time building with blocks in this house. Ben is still Godzilla when we get more than 20 or so pieces rocking, but he is more and more often participating in the building process than the demolition process which makes for happy big sister. She was especially proud of this castle we built for her princesses:


And finally for today, I LOVE candid photos. This one was so unexpected that Emma and I are sitting around in our underwear (Yes, I photoshopped some shorts onto my legs!! hahaha!). I love this pic because it is a true depiction of my happy life. The half of an Easter egg that I am sporting on my head is compliments of Ben. He LOVES to dress me in all sorts of "hats" regularly. Emma and I are yapping about princesses, Apollo is standing guard - my Great Protector (some things never change), and it looks as though Ben is giving Cassidy a delousing. The floor is littered with toys, there are scary looking things growing under the couch, and the Hoover in the background is broken yet stills sits there as a constant reminder that my carpet smells like kids and dogs. LIFE IS GOOD, my friends, life is good.

2 comments:

  1. You look so cute Brenda...and I'm not just saying that because you are pantless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the photoshop job, I have had to "edit some of my photos as well. I really miss chatting with you. Evie still says Emma is her best buddy. Benny has become quite the character as well. I love to read your blog-keep em coming.

    ReplyDelete