Tuesday, November 2, 2010

boy and girls

As the parent of a 21 month old boy who has yet to utter a word, I publicly say, "Hey, I'm not worried, his sister is so darned articulate that she doesn't let him get a word in edgewise." or "He's a boy, he doesn't take the time to stop and learn the names of things. He is always GO GO GO!" But, being the parent of a 21 month old boy who has yet to utter a word, in private I sometimes worry, "Is there something wrong with my kid?" Well, today I was given a little glimpse into my future. And, NO, there is nothing wrong with my kid. It turns out that his sister really is so darned articulate that she doesn't give her brother a chance to speak and that he is a boy who simply is GO GO GO and hasn't taken the time to stop and learn the names of things.

Because today, my pretties, today I was tossing a ball around with the kiddos and Ben said, "Yaba daba doo doe doe doe BALL." And yesterday Daddy was carrying Ben up the stairs to our apartment and Ben saw our old girl dog and said, "Cassassae!" as in Cassidy, the dog. I know, I know, ya'll think I'm crazy, but Daddy and I have both been saying that this kid is about to explode - speak wise - as his babble seems more and more specific to the circumstance.

Then just to confirm this all, Ben was standing about 3 inches from the TV watching a cartoon and Daddy walked into the room and said, "Ben - back up. Back up from the TV." And Ben took 4 steps back from the TV. Then tonight after dinner, I was sitting on the floor in the living room and I said to Ben, "Hey, buddy, go get a ball. Let's play catch!" Ben ran into his bedroom, grabbed his toy story ball and ran back to me with a giant smile on his mug.

I really am amazed on a daily basis the difference between boys and girls. And, I am so very blessed that I was given the opportunity to watch one of each GROW.

No comments:

Post a Comment